Sautéed Courgette Salad is a wonderful, light side dish or main salad! Pair with a nice koftas for a great meal. This salad is great because it can accompany just about anything!
If you are unsure what a courgette is, it is actually a zuchinni. Courgette is a British term for the vegetable, which they borrowed from the French. Much of northern Europe uses the term courgette. Zucchini is the term from Italy and is used broadly as well including the US and Canada. In Greece, it is a kolokýthi. No doubt that the rest of the region has a local word for courgette.
Whatever you call it, a courgette is a delicious summer vegetable. There are a wide varieties of ways to prepare courgettes. You can almost hear Bubba from Forrest Gump — “Baked, boiled, fried, steamed, grilled, stuffed, shredded, whole, sliced” … And on and on. Skin on, skin off doesn’t really matter. And of course, courgette salad.
The courgette salad was the creation of one afternoon trying to clean out the refrigerator so that our veggies were used while still fresh. Although it is delicious, there really isn’t much effort or complexity. Take a shot and give it a try and enjoy! All the ingredients are really “to taste” and measures just offer a guideline!
Sautéed Courgette Salad
- 10” Skillet
- 1 TBS Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Small courgette/zucchini medium diced
- 1 dozen cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 TBS red pepper fine chopped
- 1/4 Cup chick peas
- pinch ground coriander , , ,
- pinch ground ginger
- pinch ground cumin
- pinch ground cinnamon
- pinch sweet paprika
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat
- Add courgette and cook stirring until it begin to soften
- Add tomato quarters and cook stirring until just warmed, about 3 minutes
- Add diced pepper, chickpeas, spices, salt an pepper and toss to combine
- Heat until chickpeas are just warmed
- Remove from heat and let stand a couple of minutes before serving